Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Recovery, Patriots, cross training and new shoes.

I am really excited that I was able to get outside for a recovery run on Sunday! I was able to get out for a slow 5k, which got me away from the treadmill at least for one day. I did an out and back from my house to Davis square which had its share of running in the snow, but was primarily clear. After adding miles at a decent speed on Saturday, a recovery run was very welcome on the legs, they felt much better after than they did before.

After that I realized that my current shoes have 460 miles on them right now, and I have to start breaking in a new pair soon. It is strange to think that I just ordered the shoes that I will be running the Boston Marathon in... I'll post a picture when I get them in later this week.

Doing a short run on Sunday was nice too so I could prep for the Superbowl and "Wow" is all I can still say about that game! Just Wow! Malcolm Butler for the win! Go Pats!

Monday was a forced cross training day, and by cross training I am talking about snow removal. We got another 18 inches of snow in my neighborhood and we are out of places to put it! With the roads and the parking being scarce, I did not try an venture to the gym to get a run in but Tuesday I was back at it with a solid 8 miles on the treadmill. I hope get more runs of 6+ this week, but it will be tricky with the schedule already being full.

Until next time...



Donate Donate Donate!
https://www.crowdrise.com/fundraise-and-volunteer/the-team/bostoncares2015/douglaswilliams

Recovery run:
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/687847979
8 miles:
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/689483186

No comments:

Post a Comment